Weeds - My Favorite Show EVER!


I guess weeds has been running for a while now.  They are getting ready to start a new season on August 16, 2010.  I had no idea what a great show I was missing.  I didn't have showtime and I can't remember ever hearing anyone talk about it so I had no reason to try to watch it.   Well, I talked my husband into ordering Showtime so I could see the last season of The Tudors which I had gotten hooked on when I order the first 3 seasons on Netflix.  When I went through the last Tudors season in three evenings I was in a funk - I love when I fall in love with a TV show - it happens so rarely these days.  Usually every new show turns out to be a bunch of rehashed crap.  Because the Tudors was such an amazing series I decided to go through the first episode of all of the Showtime series.  The first one was Weeds.  I watched the first episode and was cracking up, decided to watch the second and I was hooked.  I watched all 5 seasons in the past week - now I'm all caught up and ready for the new Season.  I think I will record it and watch the whole season at one time instead of in half hour increments.  I absolutely love this show.  Funny, serious, quirky and just enough sex to get you going.
" It's been a wild ride from desperate pot-selling suburban widow to cartel concubine and politician's wife. Now Nancy is put to the ultimate test of motherhood: protecting her family. Her kids keep her on her toes, while she keeps wacky, lovesick brother-in-law Andy on his. And even when she goes into hiding in everyday suburban America, Nancy's sardonic and fearless wit shine through."

You can find anything you need to know about the show here.