Sweet Mary Kate


I'm not a huge Mary-Kate Olsen fan. I watched her on Full House with my kids and thought she was cute. I never really gave her life much thought. I can't imagine growing up a child star. Some much stress and pressure to do well so you can line the pockets of all the greedy adults around you. I always have to admire the ones who don't seem to try to attract attention.

From New York post - "Although she's been famous since birth, very little is known about MKO -- mostly due to the fact she went into self-imposed publicity isolation following her final tween film in 2004. A few scant adult roles in "Weeds" and "The Wackness" were interesting choices, but they didn't shed too much light on MK as a person.

That's about to change with the new issue of Marie Claire. See, in order to land the coveted cover (September issues are bibles in the fashion industry) it would seem that a few personal revelations were required. The most notable comes when talking about her "Full House" past.

"I look at old photos of me, and I don't feel connected to them at all… I would never wish my upbringing on anyone," Mary-Kate says of her youth -- which she likens to being a "little monkey performer."

And that's just one of the interesting admissions Mary Kate makes in the September issue of Marie Claire, on stands now."